CORONAVIRUS CASES as of June 16, 2020 


To see the daily case report in the State of Massachusetts, click here.


social-distancingThe Fairhaven Emergency Management Team continues to monitor the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and the recommendations coming out of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH), and will continue to update residents on local preparedness efforts and changes.  

Please also follow us on Facebook and Twitter for important updates and information.

Coronavirus Resources

Reopening Information

Mass Dept. Health Resources  |  Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

CDC Information for Senior Citizens

Massachusetts Disaster and Emergency Relief Resources

National Recreation and Park Association

For kids and parents: Best Moment's from CNN and Sesame Street on Coronavirus

For information on how to make your own masks

For MA State Official Questions:
Dial 211, 24 hrs 7 days  |
For any Town of Fairhaven office closure questions, call 508-979-4023 ext. 2


How do I go about getting tested for COVID-19? 

If you have a Primary Care Physician (PCP): 

Contact your PCP. If your PCP determines the test is warranted, you will be given authorization to get tested and where. 

If you don't have a PCP:

Call (not visit) the nearest hospital emergency room or walk-in clinic. In order to be considered for testing, you must be approved by a health care professional first. Once the healthcare professional determines that a test is warranted, you will be authorized to be tested. 

Buoy Health Symptom Checker

Buoy, A COVID-19 Symptom Checker Tool Released by Governor »

Mental and Emotional Support for Residents >

Experiencing a mental health crisis? Fuller Hospital can help.

Telehealth Now Available for Outpatient Services - AdCare

answer the call


Coronavirus Articles

We can't accept status quo in public health any longer: Town by town approach to threats is not enough

Town Coronavirus Communications 

March 13, 2020Council on Aging Closed 3/16 Until Further Notice
March 16, 2020Online Payment, Dropbox Encouraged
March 16, 2020Town Buildings Closed to the Public
March 19, 2020Public Meeting Protocols
March 22, 2020Town Offices Closed to Non-Essential Personnel
March 25, 2020Annual Town Election, Meeting Postponed
April 1, 2020Four Confirmed Cases in Town


State Orders in Place, Recommendations

All MA schools will be closed for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year.
Prohibiting gathering of 10 people or more, including fitness centers, private clubs and theatres, etc.
Take social distancing seriously and stay home whenever possible
State Group Insurance Commission and commercial providers will cover telehealth services
Hospitals must postpone all elective surgeries
Significant restrictions on visitors to nursing homes and elder health facilities
Extension of RMV deadlines such as license renewals and only limited RMV access
Relaxed Unemployment guidelines to support unemployment resulting from coronavirus
Temporarily Closing of all Childcare Programs

Non-Essential Business Closures Extended through May 18

Face Coverings Required in Indoor and Outdoor Public Spaces Where Social Distancing not Possible


Residents and others will be able to pay bills by check or money order by placing bills, along with the checks and/or money orders, in an envelope and dropping them in the mail slot that is located on the Town Hall front steps to the left, on the Tax Collector’s  door. Please include a self- addressed stamped envelope if you wish to receive a receipt.

Payments can also be made via the Town’s website

Both credit cards and EFTs (using your checking account) can be used. If your only option is cash and you cannot get a money order, please contact the Collector’s Office at 508-979-4023 ext. 4 and arrange for a cash payment.

Additional Resources

Rundown of Resource from Mary