How will an Override Benefit Fairhaven?
A town's main focus is to provide quality services to residents. However, having the appropriate resources is necessary. This override will be used to:
- Fund two firefighters to support the increase in service calls seen year over year.
- Support School programs & initiatives, such as the Family Center, which provides social services to Fairhaven students and families.
- Maintain youth activities such as the Unified Sports Team and Middle School Athletic Program.
- Fund the Highway Department to support the road work, construction, and park maintenance necessary to maintain standards.
- Prevent further employee attrition, which saves money. An independent study from HRS Consulting shows nonunion employees in Fairhaven earn 25% less than communities with comparable demographics.