Charge of Committee
The Fairhaven Sustainability Committee is an advisory committee reporting to the Board of Selectmen involving matters relating to sustainable practices, environmental regulations, green initiatives, and the environmental health of Fairhaven. In that capacity, the Sustainability Committee (formerly Green Committee) shall be charged with the following:
- Promote outreach and volunteer efforts to support beach, ocean, and terrestrial clean-ups.
- Promote, advocate, and lobby for sustainable practices and lifestyle changes, both in Fairhaven, and our greater region, via education, green initiatives and bylaws.
- Enhance Fairhaven’s reputation as a leader in sustainable enterprises.
- Work interdepartmentally to improve recycling, reducing, reusing, composting, and other sustainable practices.
- Foster a sustainable future and advocate for social and economic improvements in our community.
- Act as a resource to the Sustainability Coordinator, when requested, and provide recommendations to the Board of Selectmen and the Town Administrator on Sustainability issues.
- Membership: It is the recommendation of the Sustainability Committee that the membership be comprised of seven (7) full voting members, and up to five (5) alternate members, as appointed by the Board of Selectmen. Terms shall be one year, reappointed annually. If a newly appointed member or alternate member does not get sworn in within 3 months of appointment, they will no longer be a member of the committee. In the event that there is no quorum of the 7 full voting members, alternate members may act as voting members for the purposes of quorum for that meeting. The alternate member(s) will be chosen by seniority in service as alternate members on the committee.
If you'd like to be on the Sustainability Committee mailing list for more information about events and initiatives, please send an email to email@example.com with your name and contact information.
|Whitney McClees||508-979-4023 ext 128|