Town Clerk's Office
40 Center Street
Fairhaven, MA 02719
For Dog Owners: Annual Dog Licensing
State Law requires that all dogs in the Commonwealth over six months of age be licensed annually. The licensing deadline is March 31st each year. Effective April 1st of each year, a $15.00 late fee (General Laws, Chapter 40 - Section 22F) will be applied to all unlicensed dogs.
- Complete the renewal/application form below.
- Include a check or money order, payable to the Town of Fairhaven
- Include your dog's rabies vaccination certificate*. (We will return your certificate along with your license and tag.)
- Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- Mail to: Town Clerk's Office, 40 Center Street, Fairhaven, MA 02719
Visit us on the first floor of the Town Hall. Bring cash or check, and a current rabies certificate*. Also, if your dog is neutered or spayed, you will need to bring in that certificate as well. The office hours are 8:30am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday.
*Certificates: Call your Vet for a printout of your dog(s) rabies certificate and spayed/neutered certificate. A rabies clinic is usually held on a Sunday in late March. The date will be announced as soon as it is set by the Board of Health.